Monday, March 07, 2005

umm... am i supposed to say something?

i figured i would start this blog to help people keep up with what the heck is going on in my life!

on march 31st i will be leaving the church that i have served at for the past 5 and a half years. it was not a choice that i really wanted to make or really even made, but the call of God on my life is greater than anything and i must follow Him in everything i do. God has called me to full-time student ministry and the church i am at does not want a full-time youth pastor at this time, so i had to make the difficult decision to begin sending my resume out to find another church to serve at.

this past week i was able to attend the purpose driven youth ministry conference, courtesy of my church, and my wife was able to attend as well, due to my parents generosity. at this conference i was able to have an informal interview with a youth pastor and executive pastor from a church that i had sent my resume to back in october. they seemed to like us and possibly want us for the position, and it seems like it will be a really good fit for me and my family but more than anything i want God's will. so we appreciate your prayers in this!

the trip to california was very nice and we were able to enjoy the beautiful weather and spend some good time together! we also were able to meet up with some of the people that we have met on the youth specialties forums and that was really nice. we can't wait to get together with them again.

well, this is it for now... don't know how often i will do this,, but i will try my best to update it atleast weekly!

and in case anyone was wondering where the name snuffy comes from, hopefully this will help you out....

Labels:

|