Monday, March 06, 2006

I Hurt.....

A very, dear friend of mine got fired today. He was a youth pastor at a church in North Carolina and today, his SP told him that due to the churches financial difficulties they needed to make cuts. And that he was that cut, so he had to clear out his office by the end of the day and that they would give him a month and a half severance package.

I can not even begin to express how angry this makes me. And people wonder why youth pastor's are so transient and not very trusting. It is crap like this that makes it hard for people to want to be a part of church. We treat people no better than the rest of the world does. We are no freakin' different!

And I love how this church has thought first and foremost of those students.... NOT!!! Did they even think for one minute how this would impact them. They are not going to hear it from the person who was their YP for the past 5 years, but from someone else or worse yet, the rumor mill. Anyway, I am done with my rant. Please, pray for my friend and his fiancee as they deal with this sudden blow only 5 months away from their wedding. Thanks!

I know there are many really good churches out there that are doing the right things, but it is churches like this one that over shadows those good ones.

Labels: ,

|