Sunday, April 09, 2006

Battle Cry!

Went to Battle Cry this weekend with the students from RSM and had such a blast getting to know the students better. Who can give me a "HOO HAH, TWO TIMES TUESDAY!"?

The last and only Aquire The Fire event I went to was the "Day One" event they did in 2000 at the Pontiac Silverdome. I walked away from that event not impressed at all and never wanted to go back to one again. And I hadn't until I came to Rockpointe and Kent announced that the student ministry was going. I didn't want to go, but I never like to miss out on these opportunities to hang out with students. (I am a wierd person and love doing over-night events with a student ministry.) So i decided to go and was pleasently surprised. The things that I did not like about the event I went to were changed. Instead of a parade of speakers, which bored me and I know the students were as well, they had a good mix of speakers and bands. I know the students at RSM were impacted in some really cool ways. And that means more to me than anything.
I like the concept that Ron Luce has of getting a generation to stop being passive Christians and to start not only taking a stand for what they believe in, but to also decide to do something about letting their voice be heard. And that can be accomplished by speaking up and by also reaching out to our communities and lending a helping hand. I like this and am in big support of it!

I know there are many people out there who have issues with ATF and I do as well, but overall I think they do a pretty darned good job.

Labels:

|