Sunday, March 26, 2006

One Year....

It was one year ago on 7 March 2005 that I started blogging. But that is not what I am referring to in my title.

I was referring to the fact that it has been one year since I left my previous church. You can read about my debacle of my last sunday here if you want. Then after that I posted another blog post that talks about how I left. Not to pat myself on the back, but I was impressed at how I did end up handling what could have been a very bad thing. And here is the last article that I wrote for my old church's newspaper.

So a year ago, I started off on this journey that I had no idea where I was going. I figured by now that I would be serving as a pastor at a church somewhere in a warmer state. But God had different plans! And I am so happy for His plans! If I had my way I would still be at my church and I would be the full-time pastor to students, which would not have been good for me and God knew that. So He moved us out. We didn't see it at the time, but we knew that it was His hand guiding us in this direction. It had all started back in March of 2004 when I went to the Purpose Driven Youth Ministry conference and felt God was telling me that I was gonna be leaving and I had no idea what that menat at the time.

For a while we helped out a friend of mine who was starting out what was basically a new church, but it soon become apparent that it was not where God wanted us to be. So we decided to check out a couple of other churches. After attending Rockpointe Community Church it was clear to our whole family that it was the church that God wanted us to start attending. Even though I knew that it would be a long time before we would get a chance to get in there and start serving. But again, God had different plans. I have been helping Kent out with speaking and other things, and Kimmy has been helping with leading a small group and also singing on a praise team.

I am so glad that God has taken us out of what was an unhealthy situation and moved us into a healthy one. As I have said in several other posts, we love our new church and are so very happy! We are anxious to see where God leads us next! We are hoping that it is here for a very long time!

Labels:

|