Monday, March 13, 2006

I Have Found What I Have Been Looking For!

Yesterday, I attended a class at my church that is necessary to take to be in leadership there. The lead pastor of my church said soemthing that really got me thinking. My church recently went through a big ordeal that could have cost him his job (worst case) and at the very least the church's building. He said that while talking over the different scenarios with our executive pastor that he did not know where he would go if he had to step down from his position as a pastor at Rockpointe, because he is really into the community that has been built there and that is the main reason why he is in professional ministry. He is not in professional ministry just to be a pastor, but to be a part of that community.

That has stuck with me and I have thought it about it a lot since then. The ironic thing is that yesterday I heard about a position at a local church from someone who is a friend that attends the church. And quite honestly I am so hooked on this community at Rockpointe that I don't want to go anywhere else. I have no idea if I will always feel this way, but right now I am very happy. And I am sticking around as long as the people at Rockpointe can tolerate us!

Labels: ,

|