Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Why I Love My Mac....

I recently decided that I would upgrade my iBook from a 30 gig hard drive to a 60 gig hard drive. I found one for $70 at bestbuy and bought it on Saturday. I was going to just swap out the old one and install the new one myself and then i saw the 17 pages of directions (with pics) on how to do it and decided against it. My friend, Dirk, also recommend that I not do it. So I checked the Geek Squad website to see if i could get a price and it was $60 to install. Then i checked CompUSA and they do it for only $30! So I checked with my local store and they do it even if the hard drive was not bought there. So I took it in yesterday evening and Kimmy picked it up this afternoon.

I told them not to load the software onto it, and that I wanted the old hard drive back. So when I got home from work I took out my Mac OS X disc and began to load it. While it was doing that I slipped my old hard drive into an external case that I have. After everything got loaded on, in about 20-30 minutes, it asked if I wanted to transfer files from an old mac or a partition on the hard drive. So I quickly plugged in my old hard drive and told it to transfer from there. It took all of my applications, files, and preferences over. And it then booted up and you could hardly tell that I had a new hard drive installed and had to reload in the OS. Now that is one seamless and inovative operating system. If only it would have been that easy when I had to do basically the same thing on my mommy's windoze computer this weekend.

Anyway, figured I would boast once again in the wonders of Apple!

Labels:

|