Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006


It is that time of year again! I love Thanksgiving, because it is the start of the holiday season and I get to put up my Christmas tree and officially listen to Christmas music, without people freaking out on me. I love this time of year! Our tree is up, but we still need to finish decorating it. Today is going to be nice with a high around 54°! Much better than last year when we had about 2 inches of snow on the ground.

Yesterday, I came home early from work and finished raking the leaves and mowed the grass one last time. We also cleaned out the shed and the garage. Was a tiring day, but it is good to be ready for the winter season.

I am looking forward to the Good Eats Roast Turkey by Alton Brown. And let me tell you that it is the most delicious turkey I have ever eaten. When you cut into the breast meat, which is usually dry, juices just ooze out of it. It is VERY good! So I recommend that you click on the link I provided for the recipe and give it a try. You won't regret it!

I hope that you and your family have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy the Detroit Thanksgiving Day Parade and then watch the Detroit Lions kill the Miami Dolphins and Joey Harrington ! GO LIONS!!!!!!! And Happy Thanksgiving!


The Lions fight song, entitled "Gridiron Heroes" dates back to the late 1930's. When the team become a part of Detroit, owner G.A. Richards called for a fight song. Wayne State University director of bands Graham T. Overgard, who was also the Lions director of entertainment, penned the lyrics and music to "Gridiron Heroes—The Victory Song of the Detroit Lions".

Still one of the oldest team fight songs in the NFL, Gridiron Heroes is still played after every Lions score.


Gridiron Heroes - The Victory Song of the Detroit Lions

(Verse)

Hail the colors Blue and Silver let them wave.
Sing their song and cheer the Gridiron Heroes brave,
Fighting for fame, winning the game,
Dashing to victory as they go.

(Chorus)
Forward down the field,
A charging team that will not yield.
And when the Blue and Silver wave,
Stand and cheer the brave.
Rah, Rah, Rah.
Go hard, win the game.
With honor you will keep your fame.
Down the field and gain,
A Lion victory!

GO LIONS!

Labels:

|