Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Bowl Ramblings

Congratulations to Tony Dungy and the Indianapolis Colts on winning this year's Super Bowl. I did not watch the whole game, because I was playing Euchre and Risk but what I did see impressed me. The Colts played very good and simply outplayed the Chicago Bears.

Although I do have to add that in the Super Bowl pick 'em that I was in with some friends that I picked the Bears to win the opening coin toss and then that Hester would take the kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown. I was so shocked when it actually happened. The funny thing is that I thought right after that that in the BCS Championship Game that OSU did the same thing and lost.

We interrupt the Super Bowl ramblings to bring you a slap in the face for the American autoworkers, courtesy of General Motors.


I just love how GM thought it would be great to do a "cute" commercial that illustrated what has been going on with the Big 3 lately. I know that many of the autoworkers that have been let go of had to have just loved seeing that commercial.


Back to the Super Bowl ramblings....

Many of you know that I do not like Peyton Manning and it all stems back to 1997 when he and many others cried about the fact that Charles Woodson won the Heisman Trophy and Peyton didn't. And there is also the added fact that he played for the Tennessee Volunteers in college and I can't stand that team. I have never really been a big fan of the NFL, probably stems from the fact that I am a Lions fan (but I digress), and so I will like teams based on certain players and what college they attended.

But I have to say that I am happy for Peyton and the fact that he got that monkey off of his back. He has always struggled in big games and seemed to choke, but this past Sunday he changed all of that and played admirably. He deserved the Super Bowl MVP and I am genuinely happy for him. Congrats, Peyton!

And now for my favorite commercial of the entire Super Bowl. This commercial rocked!

Labels: ,

|