Sunday, May 28, 2006

It Has Been A While.....

A lot has happened lately and I have been really busy, so it has been a while since I have had a chance to blog.

This past Wednesday was Kent's last service at Rockpointe. It was such a cool service. They started it off with a funny video where they spliced clips from a message he spoke to make for some funny replies to questions he was "asked". I was laughing so hard.... Then a couple of students shared some personal comments about what Kent meant to them. And Kent then shared with us what he is going to be doing in Pittsburgh at Discovery Christian Church and it sounds so exciting, makes we want to pack my bags and join him. But we know that God wants us at Rockpointe for the foreseeable future! It was really cool to see the church honor Kent and send him off the right way. I love seeing churches get this right, because so many churches botch it.

Then on Thursday Kent came by my dad's shop, where I work and watched me work. It was pretty cool. I have enjoyed developing my friendship with him these past 6 months. And the weather was really nice, so I got to ride topless on the way home from work, for the first time this year! And in the evening we had practice for the Memorial Day Parade on Monday. We had a bunch of drums and whole lot of fun. And on the way to practice, I knew it was supposed to rain later that evening, but I figured I could ride to the churches building and then put my top up. As I was going dowen the expressway, I could see that it was starting to rain and rain HARD!!! So i just kept going and it rained very har don me for about a mile and a half. I just laughed the whole time!

Then Friday, we had some friends from church over for dinner and then went back to their place for dessert and a bon-fire. They live right near us, so it made it easy and they could put their little girl to bed and we could still hang out. It was a lot of fun.

And then Saturday I went and helped Kent pack up his U-Haul. It really sucks that I just started getting to knwo him and then God moves him away. I am happy knowing that he is doing what God wants him to do and that makes it just a little bit easier.

Sunday was a pretty relaxing day. Missed having Kent in youth group, but we remembered him when the clicker wouldn't work right! LOL But for the most part all I did was go to church and then relax at home. It was nice. Oh yeah and I created the album art for the churches podcast. Here it is.....

Labels: ,

|