Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another Year Closes

I used to look forward to the end of a year, because I kept thinking that maybe this new year would finally be the year that I would get that full-time job in the ministry. Now that I do not even have a part-time job in the ministry, it just feels like I am approaching another year doing the same crappy factory job that I have been doing for almost the past 13 years (this coming year it will be 13).

I am not a big person on New Year's resolutions and I used to always joke that my resolution was to not make any resolutions, but then of course I made one and so I failed at keeping it. But this year I decided that there was a couple of things that I wanted to resolve to do in the new year. And they are:

1) Do something about my job situation, whether that means a new job and forget ministry all together, or do something to get into ministry.

2) Do more to care for our planet (i.e. recycling, conserving energy, etc.)

3) To live my life in light of these deep and profound words...



I am hoping that this year is better than last year, which wasn't as sucky as the year before. So here is to hopefully a Happy New Year.

Labels:

|