Sunday, April 08, 2007

Spring Break Trip Update #1

Some observances from a northerner....

1) As we traveled south and made our first stop in Cincinnati, I have to say that you people in the south are lucky. When we left everything was brown and dead. The grass was brown, the trees were just barely budding, and we actually had some snow. But in Cinci the grass was green and getting ready to be cut, the trees had leaves and flowers were blooming. And the further south we got the more this became the case. You people in the south are so lucky because your spring comes so much earlier. In Michigan it is still pretty dead, but I am enjoying being amongst the palm trees and flowers now.

2) Though I may have been born and raised in the north, my heart and body are definitely southern. It was 56 degrees here today, but 34 and snowing back home , and we ventured out to the beach in jeans and jackets. It was cold to us, but there were many people swimming and walking around in shorts and I bet a lot of them were northerners who thought that it was warm. While it is warmer, me and my family found it a touch cold. But never fear, it will be warming up soon enough down here and be close to the 80's!

That is it for now from Florida....

Labels: ,

|