Saturday, September 24, 2005

here is why!

a friend of mine asked on his blog "why DO you blog?" and in light of someone who commented that they did not like me giving sports updates and wanted to know what Jesus was doing in my life. i thought that i would answer that question here. because after all this is my blog and i originally started it to help people keep up to date on what is going on with me and my job situation, because it makes it easier on me for people to read it here and then i don't have to tell a whole bunch of people the same thing a whole bunch of times. just makes things easier.

then as time has gone on i have begun to see how cool it is to have a way that i can write out my thoughts on a myriad of subjects that i chose to write about. i have covered God, politics, sports, etc. here. i have always been challenged by the words of paul in 1 Corinthians 11:1 (NLT), "And you should follow my example, just as I follow Christ's." so as i follow Him and people read along here about me following Christ, i would hope that they could follow me. and though God is the most important thing in my life, there is so much more to me that just that. i am not just a follower and lover of God, but a husband, father, son, university of michigan fan, detroit red wings fan, detroit lions fan, etc.

some days i have a deep revelation from God that i may share here and some days I don't. but that doesn't mean that God is devoid in my life or missing. it just means that things are normal and/or there are other things on my mind that i want to write about.

but the biggest reason why i blog now, is because i find it as a great way to write about things i want to write about and rant about things i want to rant about. it is my own personal forum. and plus i can go and look back on what has happened aver time.

now a little bit of job news....

i got an email from the church in indiana and the guy said that he would be "contacting [me] on Monday September 26th to talk about what is the next step." so things sound good there and i will update ya'll here. and i also sent out another resume to a church in nevada. things seem to be slowing down on new jobs being listed is what i expected. but i imagine it will all pick back up in october or november. but check back after monday and then later in the week for the new house pic!

Labels:

|