Monday, January 30, 2006

"Hey, do you want to run sound?"

That was the question posed to me this Sunday morning at church. I was sitting in the youth room talking with one of the students before the student's worship service when the guy who runs the audio/visual at church came up to me and asked that question. I looked at him and said, "How do you know that I even know how to run sound?"

He said to me, "You look like you would know what to do."

So I look like a sound geek? What does a sound geek even look like? Where is that mirror anyway? LOL

I went up to the Sehior Pastor and told him what happened, so he laughed and said, "Just jump right in!"

It just so happens that I do know quite a bit about sound, having helped 3 churches set up their systems and also having had a class in it at my Bible college. And when I first met this guy I had asked him a couple of questions about the sound board and other stuff, so he must have put two and two together. I don't mind helping out with things like that in a pinch, but it s definitely not what I am planning on doing on a regular basis. At the church they have a policy that you are only allowed to have a primary and a secondary ministry. And I already know the two I want to be a part of. The student ministry and the yound adult/college ministry. The only thing I need to figure out is which one God wants me to have as my primary and which one will be my secondary.

Labels:

|