Sunday, March 27, 2005

fun morning

i am sure many of you are thinking i am referring to my last sunday church service, but i have not gone in for it yet. what i am referring to is my kids who woke up this morning about 6:30a and found their easter baskets. they then proceeded to run in and out of our room telling us what they got and waking us up everytime in the process. well, then they finally left us alone and let us sleep for a little bit only to be awoken by a scream of... "i cut my hand real bad" by my daughter. needless to say i was awake and out of bed! i took one look at her hand and said, "you need stitches." so i quickly got dressed and kimmy dressed hannah. and because kimmy had to be at church early to lead the praise time for the last time here, she couldn't go with us. so hannah and i headed off to the hospital and kimmy would take hannah's easter outfit with her to church.

i was actually surprised that the er waiting room was not busy at all. so we got in fairly quickly and hannah had to get 3 stitches. now i am the type of person that i can imagine pain much worse than it will ever be so i can freak myself out and even get a little light-headed. but this isn't happening to me so i thought it would be okay for me to watch her get the shot and stitches. WRONG!!! i told hannah to look away and not watch it and she would be okay and i should have followed my own advice. i started to get a little light-headed and had to get down on one knee and stop looking. so there i sat, the big brave father looking at the bed and rubbing my daughters back with one hand as she squeezed the other. i never passed out but i have learned a valuable lesson... i am not cut out for hospital work or as an emt.

the end result is that hannah and dad are both fine. she has 3 stitches and here i sit in my office for one of the last times waiting for my last church service here. i will update you on that later.

Labels:

|