Thursday, July 20, 2006

They Are Growing Up So Fast!!!


As you can see in the pic above, Caleb has no front teeth on the top of his mouth. On Tuesday, when Kimmy and I where just starting our pre-marital counseling with a couple that I am performing the wedding ceremony of in September. Caleb came running into the room and said that his second tooth on top was "REALLY wiggily"! He pulled the other one out at 4:30a on Saturday. So I grabbed him and said that it was coming out now.

So I grabbed a washcloth and got it nice and wet. Then I sat on my bed and pulled him across my lap and he held his mouth closed. I told him that I get two pulls and then I won't bother him anymore and told him to open his mouth. He opened up and I started wiggling the tooth and so he began to cry that it hurt, which I know it didn't. But I gave one quick yank and told him to suck on the washcloth. Then I showed him that I had his tooth. He was so happy!

Later that evening I went into his room and told him to say, "Suzy sells seasheslls by the seashore." He did and then laughed when he realized how funny he sounded. But then I started thinking about how fast my little kids are growing up.

Next week Hannah will be turning 9 years old! Her last year in the single digits. I thought about the fact that in 7 years my little girl will be driving! And then I realized that I will also be 40! I am WAY too young to be turning 40 in 7 years. Where has the time gone?

Labels:

|